The main entrances to Tenerife are the two airports . A flight from Madrid to Tenerife take approximately 2 hours.
- Tenerife South Airport (Reina Sofia) [TFS]: It has many international connections and is located about 60 kilometers from Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It is located in the municipality of Granadilla de Abona, south of the island. There is a line of TITSA that stops outside the exit of the Arrivals Terminal: 111(approximately 5.50€*. The journey takes 1,5-2 hours). Going by taxi from the south airport to Santa Cruz costs between 65 and 80 €* . At the airport there are also rent-a-car companies, but if you are under 25 years, will have to pay significantly more.
- Tenerife North Airport (Los Rodeos) [TFN]: Most of the connections are to other islands or the rest of the country and has less traffic than the TFS. It is located in the municipality of San Cristobal de La Laguna, about 11 kilometers from Santa Cruz. Several lines of TITSA stop at the Arrivals Terminal, the most important are: 102 , 107 and 108 (price: 2.5 €* ). There are also taxis, taxi to La Laguna slope of 15 to 20 €* and Santa Cruz over 20 €* . At the airport there are also car rental agencies, if you are under 25 years, will have to pay extra insurance that will make the rent is very expensive.
- Airlines flying to Tenerife : TFN Airport , TFS Airport . See all lines operating at each airport page in Spanish Airports and Air Navigation (AENA) . Through AENA website you can get any information on flights, airports, airlines, passenger rights, safety, disabled, etc., and confirm any domestic flight or get real time flight information (to or from Spain).
- If you fly with low-cost companies, pay attention to the conditions of carriage of baggage, as they tend to put many restrictions.
- Customs: Spanish Customs prohibit entry to any seed or fruit if it is not processed and from countries outside the European Union, as well as live plants and fresh meat. For all countries inside the EU, there is usually no restriction or customs control.
- Lost luggage: If the airline loses your luggage, you must pay a claim. You can use the following contact address for the airline to move your luggage to:
We recommend having all valid identity papers (passport or national identity card) before you come. It is also a good idea to bring the driving license. Since the European space facilitates mobility, it is advisable to citizens of EU member countries to consult their embassy for all rights and obligations in Spanish territory. For those citizens of those countries outside the EU, they should contact the Spanish embassy or consulate in their country, and with the embassy or consulate of their country in Spain to inquire about their rights and obligations in Spanish territory.
These citizens should also have the European health card so they can be treated in hospitals and health centers Spanish without difficulty. The Spanish health system is considered universal, so it is often not deny help to anyone. Still, for those who do not have a European Health Insurance Card is recommended an insurance contract which may be used in case of difficulties.